Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mexico, here I come!




The waiting has finally paid off! My training for missions ended in early December and I have been state-side ever since, waiting to go into missions. My time state-side has not been wasted at all. The Lord did some fine tuning in my heart and life and redirected my focus back on Him, where it should always be. He taught me perseverance, which is a really important virtue to have, especially in missions.

On Friday March 4, Erika, my mission partner, and I bought our plane tickets to Mexico City! We are flying out of Lafayette, La on March 13. I am going to language school before going to my mission post in General Cepeda. The Language school I will be attending is Ideal in Cuernavaca, Mexico.


I will be there for a month. School is five days a week, five hours a day. We will have homework and activities within the city. Please be praying for me. Please pray that I will be a sponge and soak up all the Spanish I am hearing.

A Few Firsts for the Week:
Monday- I rode horses for the first time. I actually rode a horse by myself! It was such a freeing feeling to be up there as Jose, the horse I rode, trotted and ran. I think I was born to be a country girl!

Thursday- I made my confirmation! My cousin Brooke and I made our confirmation together. It was a glorious event! When the Bishop anointed my head with oil, I felt overwhelming peace and I knew it was the holy Spirit coming upon me. I am excited to walk in the new graces I've received from being confirmed in the Church. How perfect it is to be newly confirmed and being sent out on mission!

May God bless YOU in all that YOU do!

"This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine!"

2 comments: