Tuesday, September 14, 2010

So, this morning I woke up knowing that today was the day that I started on the newest journey God has me on. Today is the day I move to Big Woods, to start my mission career……

The last few months have been filled with lots of work, lots of family time, and lots of preparation for my new journey! About three weeks before I came to Louisiana I was so worried about how I was going to pay for the first part of Intake, which was $1000. I knew God was going to provide, I just didn’t know where the money was going to come from. I decided to have a garage sale and my mom’s friends and sister donated things to it. The sale was a success and I made $391. My old roommate Heather paid me $250 for all of my furniture that she and her husband have been using and it is now theirs. So that puts the total earned money towards Intake at $641, close to my goal of $1000, but not quite there. I had no idea where the rest of the money was going to come from and about a week before Intake started I heard from Sarah Kate (a worker at Family Missions Company) that I had $325 left in my account from a trip I took to Mexico this summer. Yahoo!!! The new total is now at $966. Now I’m really almost there! When I arrived in Louisiana, one of my stops was my Aunt Cindy’s house. When I got there, she slipped a check into my purse for $50. You can do the math, but I reached the goal for Intake! God is so good. He always provides exactly what we need.

On another note, today isn’t just the start of Intake, it was also the birth of two very special babies! Baby Liam and baby Eli were born today!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a very special day. We (Me, Matt, and Liam) are excited for you Sarah! We look forward to seeing what God will do through you and the boys :)

    ReplyDelete