Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Evangelization Night in Mexico

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve updated you guys. Life has gotten busy! I am currently in General Cepeda, Mexico. Last night was our first evangelization opportunity. We would normally go to one of the local villages and invite all of the people to the chapel for a prayer meeting, but because of the violence in other parts of Mexico we are taking special safety precautions by not traveling out of the city at night. We went to a little chapel on a hill and held a prayer meeting. I was given the opportunity to share a testimony of how the Lord increased my faith. It is amazing how God can change your fears, or give you courage when you need it. I used to freak out if I had to stand up in front of people to share. I would actually avoid it at all times!! Now, the more I get up in front of people and share, the more the Lord is healing me of my public speaking fear!

After few other missionaries and I shared my testimony, Mrs. Genie preached. We also sang a few songs and praised the Lord together. If you’ve never had the opportunity to praise the Lord with people who speak a different language then you, you need to come to Mexico!!! It is amazing to know that the Lord can understand the person next to me speaking another language and me at the same time! Okay, back to last night…after Mrs. Genie preached we offered prayer for the people. We stood in the front of the chapel and people would come to be prayed over. I could definitely feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. While I was praying for one of the ladies, I felt the Lord say, “Let go Sarah. Let go of your fears of what I might do through you. Let go and let me work through you.” I know that the Lord provided miracles last night.

Throughout my training, I’ve heard so many stories of the signs and wonders people have seen God do. I’ve thought how awesome that those people experienced God in that way, but surely I cannot do that. Not true! I know that God wants to do signs and wonders through me. I know that he wants to use me to provide miracles for others; I just have to be open for it. Please pray for me. Pray that I can completely abandon myself so that the Lord can work in me and through me. Pray for my fears of the gifts of the Spirit will fade away and that I will receive the gifts of the Spirit. Pray that the Lord will use me for His kingdom building. God Bless you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment